LOOKING FOR: technical pattern-maker
POSITION: TECHNICAL PATTERN-MAKER
OVERVIEW: We're looking for a ffreelance/part-time skilled womenswear pattern-maker to work in-person in Lisbon, Portugal, probably at your workshop/studio alongside the founder of girl of the earth.
- PATTERN MAKING FROM SCRATCH: Collaborate with me (founder/creative director/head designer) to develop silhouettes accordingly based on my technical sketches, measurements, and fit intent using draping, muslins, and fabric
- PATTERN MAKING FROM GARMENT: Use vintage piece to create pattern, copying the fit and making adjustments based on my instructions
- SAMPLE DEVELOPMENT: Cut and sew initial sample in sample size XS
- LEAD FIT SESSIONS: Fit sample on me. Utilise technical expertise by offering suggestions to improve fit, resolve technical issues, and execute design and fit intent of styles, with a strong focus on small details in fit, making the silhouette as flattering as possible,
- GRADING SAMPLES: Once we have finalised a pattern, grade pattern across sizes, maintaining consistency for sizing across all styles. Provide technical expertise about how many sizes we need per style (some as little as 2, some as many as 7).
- LOCATION: We will work at your own studio in Lisbon, Portugal to, developing the pattern, sample, and second sample after conducting fit sessions
- PAY: Preferably you have a VAT number so you can be paid as a freelancer.
- EDUCATION: Certification in Pattern-making and Apparel Construction preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Experience working as a womenswear pattern-maker with full knowledge of pattern-making, grading, sample development, and garment construction
- ENGLISH: Completely fluent in English and comfortable speaking about pattern-making in English
- PLUS IF COMPUTER SKILLS: Plus if you are comfortable working via computer pattern-making programs (not on paper but ADS, Gerber, Lectra, Tukatech), computer spec writing programs (PLM, PDM, Karat) and 3D Software (CLo, Optitex, Browzwear, Tukatech)
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with PATTERN-MAKER in the subject line. To see all positions available or apply for an unadvertised position, please see: girloftheearth.com/pages/careers