Need a New Year’s resolution? I have one for you:
shop your clothes sustainably ♻️
Maybe you’ve heard— the fashion industry today is super wasteful. It’s now surpassed the air travel industry as the third worst polluting industry in the world.
I’ve put together a little list of my favourite brands to help you shop sustainably:
- kitchen supplies: blueland is an awesome brand on a mission to help others avoid plastic, specifically by offering tablet-based cleaning supplies
- books: thriftbooks has every (used) book you've ever wanted, for a quarter of the price and zero environmental impact— may I recommend a few of my favourite genre (memoirs of 20-something fucked up girls)? prozac nation, loud in the house of myself, how to murder your life
- bras/underwear: organic basics, woron and anekdot are easy choices if you don't feel comfortable buying undergarments secondhand
- swimwear: fae, ambra maddalena, vdm, or any other swim brand that uses econyl (again, only if you don't feel comfortable buying secondhand, as that's always better!)
- tights: not made of eco-friendly materials, but cost (money & environmental) per wear counts as well, so shop sheertex for unbreakable tights
- coffee: the stojo cup is so cute and *collapses* so small that it even fits in our mini bags! Also, at certain cafes, you'll get a surprise discount for bringing your own takeaway cup.
- hair products: plaine has great shampoo and conditioner. For a more in depth explanation of eco-friendly shower products, check out this blogger— she knows what she's talking about!
- period products: tampons are made of polyester fabric, aka plastic (ew). I'm finally ready to swtich over cup instead— I can't help but feel nervous, but it's a goal of mine for 2020 <3
- clothing and accessories: us! Our pieces offer a second life to already existing, upcycled, vintage fabric with truly zero-impact on the environment.